Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I’m telling lies.
It’s in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I’m a woman
I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
It’s the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I’m a woman
Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can’t touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them,
They say they still can’t see.
It’s in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I’m a woman
Now you understand
Just why my head’s not bowed.
I don’t shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing,
It ought to make you proud.
It’s in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need for my care.
’Cause I’m a woman
Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders
These twists and turns of fate
Time falls away
But these small hours
These small hours still remain
Every change in your life comes from something that is uncomfortable but that is where and when the growth takes place.
This past year has been huge for me. So many changes have taken place. Today, I realize that it was just another beginning of something much bigger. At times I feel like a cat…so many lives in this lifetime, I’m blessed to have this opportunity for change and growth.
Join me at my beloved Yoga Squared in Old Town Tustin as these small hours still remain.
My final class here will be filled with soulful, courageous and humble poses set to a very special playlist.
- Saturday, February 24th at 7:00am for my final Soulful Vinyasa Class
FYI – I’ll try not to be emotional but there are no guarantees! The owner, fellow teachers and community at this studio are beyond special. Truly, it’s been an absolute honor.
The time is drawing near. My family and I are moving and this means I only have a few classes left to teach at my yoga home, Yoga Squared in Old Town Tustin. This place has come to mean so much to me, it’s going to be hard to let this go.
I have made life changes at this place, made friends and found people who I consider to be part of my support system. Please join me for one of my final classes. I’ll miss everything about this place and the people who make it what it is.
Thursday, February 15th at 5:00 for a Soulful Vinyasa
Friday, February 16th at 5:0pm for YinYasa Class
Saturday, February 17 at 7:00am for a Soulful Vinyasa Class
Saturday, February 24th at 7:00am for my final Soulful Vinyasa Class
Be prepared for laughter, tears and joy in these last classes.
Remember, If your new to Yoga Squared or it’s been 6 months or more since you’ve visited us, rejoin with a second chance intro offer! Get 3 weeks for $30 and fall in love with your practice again! Call/text Casey at 714.625.7230 to get set up!
You don’t have to be a Yoga Junkie to join me this week for one or all of these Vinyasa Flow classes at Yoga Squared in Old Town Tustin…but after a few a class you just might turn into one!
Wednesday, January 24th at 8:00pm for a beautiful Candlight Vinyasa
Thursday, January 25th at 5:00pm for my Soulful Vinyasa class
Saturday, January 27th at 7:00am for my Soulful Vinyasa class
Did you know that If your new to Yoga Squared or it’s been 6 months or more since you’ve visited us, rejoin with a second chance intro offer! Get 3 weeks for $30 and fall in love with your practice again! Call/text Casey at 714.625.7230 to get set up!
This Sunday, January 28th, 2018, dozens of museums located in through out the Los Angeles area, Orange County, Pasadena, Riverside and Santa Barbara will open their doors for FREE!
Plan your day and be ready to experience art, cultural heritage, natural history, and science. Museums Free-for-All is partnering with Metro Bus Line to encourage visitors to fully explore participating museums without searching for parking and getting through traffic.
Museum Free for All Day is for general museum admission only and does not apply include any specially ticketed exhibitions. Regular parking fees do apply. Check each individual museum for for hours and directions.
2018 Participating Museums
- Annenberg Space for Photography
- Autry Museum of the American West
- The Broad
- California African American Museum
- California Science Center- General admission only. A timed reservation with a convenience fee is required for Space Shuttle Endeavour.
- Columbia Memorial Space Center
- Craft & Folk Art Museum
- Descanso Garden
- Forest Lawn Museum
- Fowler Museum at UCLA
- Getty Center
- Getty Villa – Free, timed tickets are required. Visit getty.edu.
- GRAMMY Museum
- Hammer Museum
- Institute of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles
- Japanese American National Museum – Free tickets available at janm.org/freeforall.
- Kidspace Children’s Museum
- La Brea Tar Pits and Museum –General admission only; free tickets available at tarpits.org/freeforall.
- LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
- Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (MOCA)
- Museum of Latin American Art (MOLAA)
- Museum of Tolerance
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County – General admission only; free tickets available at nhm.org/freeforall.
- Orange County Museum of Art
- The Paley Center for Media
- Palm Springs Art Museum
- Pasadena Museum of California Art
- Petersen Automotive Museum – Tickets must be reserved in advance at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/museum-free-for-all-day-tickets-41631960314#tickets.
- Pomona College Museum of Art
- Riverside Art Museum
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- Skirball Cultural Center – Noah’s Ark timed-entry, one-hour tickets are limited and distributed first-come, first-served.
- Sunnylands Center & Gardens – Excludes tours of the historic house and grounds.
- University Art Museum, CSU Long Beach – Join us for opening reception of Robert Irwin: Site Determined 4-6 pm, January 28. Closed January 27.
- USC Fisher Museum – Offering free admission on Saturday, January 27, instead of Sunday, January 28.
- USC Pacific Asia Museum
- Zimmer Children’s Museum
The Ninth Annual Monarch Butterfly Day is coming up! OC Parks invites children and families to come and learn all about Monarch Butterflies.
This FREE event allows children to get a good look at Butterflies and their natural habitat. Children can assist in planting plants to attract Monarch Butterflies and go inside a netted butterfly enclosure.
Butterfly experts will be on-site to provide educational information and answer questions about the beautiful and unique specimens.
Additional activities include interpretive programs, children’s crafts, face painting and a balloon artist. Food will be available for purchase.
- When: Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Mile Square Regional Park, 16801 Euclid St., Fountain Valley, CA 92708 (takes place in the Forest Shelter near parking lot C)
- Cost: Event and parking are FREE
“The energy of the mind is the essence of life.” – Aristotle
Join me this week for a Soulful Vinyasa Flow at Yoga Squared in Old Town Tustin
Monday, January 15th at 10:00am
Thursday, January 18th at 5:00pm
Saturday, January 20th at 7:00am
If your new to Yoga Squared or it’s been 6 months or more since you’ve rolled out your mat with us, rejoin with a second chance intro offer! Get 3 weeks for $30 and fall in love with your practice again! Call/text Casey at 714.625.7230 to get set up!
Do have plans for your 3 day weekend? How about a visit one of our National Parks on Monday for FREE!!! There are four days in 2018 that you can visit all National Park Service sites that offer FREE admission to everyone.
Mark your calendar for these entrance fee–free dates in 2018:
- January 15: Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- April 21: First day of National Park Week
- September 22: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
There are more than 400 parks available to everyone, every day. The fee-free days provide a great opportunity to visit a new place or an old favorite, especially one of the national parks that normally charge an entrance fee. The others are free all the time. The entrance fee waiver for fee-free days does not cover amenity or user fees for activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours.The annual $80 America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass allows unlimited entrance to more than 2,000 federal recreation areas, including all national parks that normally charge an entrance fee. There are also free or discounted passes available for senior citizens, current members of the military, families of fourth-grade students, and disabled citizens. Learn more about the variety of passes offered by the America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass series.
In addition to the National Park Services Fee Free Days the following Federal Agencies also offer Fee Free Days:
- Bureau of Land Management: January 15 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day), February 19 (Presidents Day), June 9 (National Get Outdoors Day), September 22 (National Public Lands Day), November 11 (Veterans Day)
- U.S. Forest Service: January 15 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day), February 19 (Presidents Day), June 9 (National Get Outdoors Day), September 22 (National Public Lands Day), November 10-11 (Veterans Day Weekend)
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service: January 15 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day), February 19 (Presidents Day), September 22 (National Public Lands Day), October 14 (First Sunday of National Wildlife Refuge Week), November 11 (Veterans Day)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers: September 22 (National Public Lands Day), November 11 (Veterans Day, you must be a veteran, an active and reserve component service member, or a family member to be granted a fee waiver)
- Bureau of Reclamation: January 15 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day), February 19 (Presidents Day), September 22 (National Public Lands Day), November 11 (Veterans Day)
If you have a child in the Fourth grade – Every day is FREE! The Every Kid in a Park Pass provides FREE admission to public lands for your fourth grader and the entire family!!!
I really can not even begin to explain how excited I am for 2018. I feel like this year is going to be a special year for all of us! This is not to say that this year hasn’t started out with it’s own set of challenges but that’s okay. I feel prepared and ready to rise above any obstacles that present themselves.
Since before the New Year I’ve been looking for my own personal slogan for 2018 and in looking back at some of our family photos from 2017 – I found it!
I took this picture at JPL in Pasadena last year. These words spoke to me then and mean even more to me now. I’m so ready to “Dare Mighty Things” this year.
I would love to help you dare mighty things in your life as well. Let’s raise the vibration and dream big! Let’s dare mighty things, the time is now!
Join me this week as we dare and rise together.
Thursday, January 11th at 5pm for a Soulful Vinyasa at Yoga Squared
Saturday, January 13th at 7am for a Soulful Vinyasa at Yoga Squared
Saturday, January 13th at 9:30am – Kids Yoga with Namaste Family Yoga at Farquhar Park in Huntington Beach
Sunday, January 14th at 9:00am at WildSide Yoga in Fountain Valley for a Yoga Basics Class
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Have you ever gone on a night hike with your little’s? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Kids love going on night hikes and this ranger led night hike is a great and safe way to do just that!
Although the picture above wasn’t taken at Carbon Canyon – you can see just how magically the evening can be. So bring a flashlight and a jacket as you prepare for the evening with some cookies and hot chocolate at the Nature Center, go out for a ranger led night hike to the Redwood Grove and return for a live animal presentation by Nature of Wildworks.
When: Saturday, January 20, 2018 from 5:30pm – 8:00pm
Where: Carbon Canyon Regional Park is located at 4442 Carbon Canyon Rd, Brea, CA 92823.
Cost: FREE – parking is also free
This is really fun hike and space is limited. Please email to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Farm and Food Lab at Orange County Great Park is offering a fun and FREE workshop this weekend.
Preserving the Season Workshop: Herb Wreaths. This workshop by Instructor/Chef Jen Callahan will have you utilizing the harvest of the season by learning how to create Herb Wreaths and Swags.
Hanging herbs can add a touch of comfort and magic to your kitchen. Herb wreaths and swags are not only beautiful but also useful. Snip off what you need from own personally created herb wreath as you cook!
When: Saturday, January 13, 2018 from 10:00am – 11:00am
Where: Farm+ Food Lab, Great Park Irvine, 6950 Marine Way, Irvine, CA 92618
Cost: Free!!! The workshop is designed for ages 16+
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER Registration is encouraged but walk-ins are welcome.
*Attendees can also enter a raffle to win wreaths created during class by the instructor.*
I’ve taken this week to reflect and look forward to what is to come in 2018. What a truly amazing and life changing year I’ve had. I am in awe of the opportunities that I’ve been given to refine my life – as well as the lives of others.Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Let’s get 2018 off to a beautiful start together. I can’t wait to see you!
- Wednesday, January 3rd at 3:30pm for YinYasa at yoga squared in Old Town Tustin
- Wednesday, January 3rd at 6:30 pm Relax and Renew with a Restorative Soundbath at yoga squared
- Thursday, January 4th for a Soulful Vinyasa at yoga squared
- Saturday, January 6th at 7am for a Soulful Vinyasa at yoga squared
- Saturday, January 6th at 11:15am for a Vinyasa Flow Private Fitness in Anaheim Hills
- Sunday, January 7th at 9:00am at WildSide Yoga in Fountain Valley for a Yoga Basics class that is always free for Military and First Responders!
I believe that mother earth provides us with everything we need to heal. Our earth is full of natural medicine, we just need to be opening and willing to try it. As a child, my mother had a tea for everything! I wish I had paid a little more attention and wrote her remedies down.
Every once in a while something I’m reading or learning about in one my classes brings a memory of one of my mother’s many natural cures. Finding events such as this one brings a smile to my face and no doubt makes her happy.
Tree of Life Nursery is holding a FREE “Aromatherapy with California Native Plants” class this weekend. This a great chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of the season, be surround by nature and learn something new.
For centuries, aromatherapy has been used to enhance health and well-being. Modern research recognizes the benefits of aromatherapy for stress reduction, sleep and mood management, as well as easing discomforts associated with anxiety and chronic pain. During this workshop, Certified Yoga Therapist and California Native Plants Education and Outreach Specialist, Melissa Adylia Calasanz C-IAYT, will discuss her approach to sustainable aromatherapy, and how she uses the healing property of California Native Plants cultivated locally, at Tree of Life Nursery.
When: Saturday, December 23, 2017 from 9:30 am – 10:30 am
Where: Tree of Life Nursery, 33201 Ortega Highway, San Juan Capistrano CA 92675
Let’s shake the universe up by allowing your inner light to shine! Join me this week for yoga flows filled with energy, light and grace at the beautiful @yogasquaredstudio in Old Town Tustin. Be prepared to shine brightly my friends!!!
Monday, December 18th at 10:00am – Yoga for the Soul
Wednesday, December 20th at 10:00am – All Levels Flow
Thursday, December 21st at 5:00pm – Soulful Vinyasa
Saturday, December 23rd at 7:00am – Soulful Vinyasa