Come and explore Ralph B. Clark’s Park’s FREE Family Fossil Day for hands on fun the whole family can enjoy while learning about Clark Park’s rich fossil history.
A certified paleontologist will be on hand to guide the group throughout the three hour program that begins promptly at 9:30 am. The tour starts at the interpretive center followed a hike to the marine fossil site (Must be 6 years and older for hike)
The free family friendly event will be held at The Los Coyotes Interpretive Center, located inside Ralph B. Clark Regional Park, no reservations are required.
- When: Saturday, December 5, 2105 from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Where: Ralph B. Clark Regional Park, 8800 Rosecrans Blvd., Buena Park, CA 90621
- Cost: The Event is FREE, parking is $5.00 per vehicle
For more information and directions call (714) 973-3170.
Scout Day is a special day of events at the Aquarium of the Pacific for Scouts and their families. Scouts, family, and friends, can join in on this self-guided event with optional activity sheets for Scouts, to work toward stewardship-related Scout badges.
Troop-leaders or parents are expected to facilitate the Scout’s learning experience and guide them through the steps for badge requirements.Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts are invited to complete steps toward badges, utilizing self-led activity sheets that are specifically designed for Scouts.
Some steps cannot be completed at this event and need to be completed at home. Troop-leaders and parents, it is advised to review the Scout council approved activities for each badge your child wishes to complete prior to this event.
In addition a special “Scout Discovery Experience” is also available for Scouts to have a 20-minute exclusive educational opportunity in one of our classrooms with an Aquarium educator. Scouts will have a private animal interaction where they will learn about tide-pool animals and explore animal artifacts.
Availability is extremely limited for this program, and is on a first-come, first-served basis. (These usually sell out!) Admission is required to participate in this special program.
- When: Saturday, November 21, 2015 from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm – Ticketing is timed every hour from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Where: Aquarium of the Pacific, 100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802
- Cost: Child: $7, must be purchased in advance online, Adult: $14, must be purchased in advance online. Members are Free with reservation. (Members, to book a reservation, call 562-437-FISH (3474))
Upon making your reservation, you will be asked to select one of the following entrance times: 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 12:00 noon, 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., or 4:00 p.m.
There is a limited capacity, and they are unable to accept purchases by phone for this event. Tickets must be purchased for this event,Click here to make your Scout Day reservations. For more information call (562) 590-3100, ext. 0
Download and print the following Badge guides prior to your trip:
(credit: Jorge Guerrero/AFP/Getty Images)
Come for a grand tour of the universe! Join our amateur astronomers for a guided tour of the young crescent moon and other constellations.
Learn myths and facts about the cosmos. Observe wonders of the night sky including galaxies, star clusters, and double stars.
- When: Saturday, November 14, 2015 from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Where: Ronald W. Caspers Wilderness Park, 33401 Ortega Hwy., San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
- Cost: Event is Free, parking $5.00 per vehicle
Note: held only on evenings with clear skies (good weather). Call the Park at (949) 923-2210 for weather/sky updates or additional information.
Please help support hunger relief effort’s at the Great Park’s 2015 Fall Food Drive. You can help local food banks by donating canned goods or non-perishable food items.
Food donations will be accepted Thursday – Sunday through November 20, 2105.
Donations are accepted at the Visitors Center Pavilion | Map & Directions
- Thursday & Friday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday, 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
Image courtesy of Clipart Panda – Free Clipart Images