In a joint effort to present the arts and culture to the diverse and myriad communities in Southern California, SoCal Museums announces the 11th Annual Museums Free-for-All Day.
On Saturday January 30, 2016c. Over twenty museums—presenting art, cultural heritage, natural history, and science—will open their doors and invite visitors to attend their museums free of charge.
We are thrilled that museums in Southern California are able to offer the Museums Free-for-All Day for the 11th year in a row,” comments Alex Capriotti, SoCal Museums President and The Broad’s Director of Marketing and Communications. “We hope that visitors take advantage of this day by going to a museum they have always wanted to see or by revisiting an old favorite.
The event also hopes to raise awareness of free visitor days available year-round at museums across Southern California.
The calendar above of free days can be found on the SoCal Museums’s website at http://www.socalmuseums.org/free.
Museums Free-for-All has partnered with Metro, encouraging visitors to Go Metro to explore the participating museums, many of which are a short walk away from Metro bus or rail. Visit metro.net/discounts to learn about discounts at participating museum destinations.
This offer is for general museum admission only and does not apply to specially ticketed exhibitions. Regular parking fees apply. For more information, visit SoCalMuseums.org. Consult individual museum websites for hours, directions, and other visitor information. Note that four institutions are offering free admission on Sunday, January 31 instead as part of Museums Free-for-All.
2016 Participating Museums
- Autry Museum of the American West
- Annenberg Space for Photography
- Armory Space for Photography
- The Broad
- California African American Museum
- California Science Center – Offer valid for general admission only. Does not apply to specially ticketed exhibitions or IMAX films. Timed reservations are required for space shuttle Endeavour.
- Craft & Folk Art Museum – Offering free admission on Sunday, January 31, 2016 as part of Museums Free-for-All
- Descanso Gardens
- Fowler Museum at UCLA
- The Getty
- The Getty Villa – Timed tickets are required. Visit www.getty.edu.
- Hammer Museum
- Laguna Art Museum
- The La Brea Tar Pits and Museum – Does not include Ice Age Encounters or 3D Theatre
- LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) – Offer valid for general admission only. Does not apply to specially ticketed exhibitions
- Japanese American National Museum
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (MOCA)
- Museum of Latin American Art
- Museum of Tolerance – Closed Saturdays, offering free admission on Sunday, January 31, 2016 as part of Museums Free-for-All
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- Orange County Museum of Art
- The Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits
- The Paley Center for Media
- Pasadena Museum of California Art
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- Skirball Cultural Center – Offering free admission on Sunday, January 31, 2016 as part of Museums Free-for-All. Noah’s Ark timed-entry, one-hour tickets are limited and distributed first-come, first-served
- Torrance Art Museum
- USC Pacific Asia Museum
- William S. Hart Museum
- Zimmer Children’s Museum – Closed Saturdays, offering free admission on Sunday, January 31, 2016 as part of Museums Free-for-All