Underwater Parks Day is Saturday, January 17, 2015. Underwater Parks Day is a celebration of Marine Protected Areas (MPA’s).
Join the Ocean Institute, Aquarium of the Pacific, Cabrillo Marine Aquarium and other partners, to celebrate recreation and conservation along Southern California’s coast.
Come to Ocean Institute to learn about and explore the species, habitats, and resources that make our ocean exceptional.
Guests can learn about up-cycling during craft time, find out more ways to explore the beauty of our oceans with our SCUBA display, understand the importance of MPAs with games and a Citizen Science tour through our new learning center, and discover the wonderful ways the ocean helps heal us.
- When: Saturday, January 17, 2015 from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Where: Ocean Institute – Ocean Education Center – 24200 Dana Point Harbor Dr. Dana Point, CA 92629
- Cost: Admission price is $6.50 for adults (13 yrs+) and $4.50 for children (3 -12 yrs); Children 2 and under are free. Members are free.
Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
To celebrate MPAs and ocean conservation, CMA is participating in the 7th Annual Underwater Parks Day. There will be speakers, presentations, interactive activities and handouts for visitors so they can learn more about MPAs, how MPAs work, and where MPAs are located in Southern California.
- When: Saturday, January 17, 2015 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Where: Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, 3720 Stephen M. White Drive, San Pedro, CA 90731
- Cost: FREE.
Aquarium of the Pacific
Learn more about Southern California’s network of Marine Protected Areas (MPAs). Guests will be able to learn about the commercial and recreational activities permitted. MPA stories will be told using film, lectures, and interactive exhibits. The event will also feature educational booths and activities in the Great Hall.
- When: Saturday, January 17, 2015 from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Where: Aquarium of the Pacific 100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802
- Cost: Children (3-11) $14.95, Adults $28.95, members are free