Discovery Cube Orange County invites families and educators to join in the fun of learning about coding!
A Raspberry Jam brings together people of all ages to experience coding with the Raspberry Pi™, the powerful bite-sized computer the size of a credit card. Created by Broadcom Engineer, Eben Upton, Raspberry Pi is all the rage with students, teachers, coding clubs and families because it is a user-friendly and super affordable way to experience the power of coding.
At the same time, the Raspberry Pi Foundation is holding its Picademy in Orange County. Raspberry Pi enthusiasts affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation will be on hand to jam along with you! Plus, bring your own Raspberry Pi project to jam and win a COOKIES N’ πCUBED giveaway every 15 minutes from our partners.
The event takes place on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 from 5:30 – 8:00 pm. Discovery Cube Orange County is located at 2500 N. Main Street, Santa Ana, CA 92705.
This event is FREE to registered guests – sign up ASAP! Space is limited.
Get unplugged and head outdoors at the San Elijio Lagoon while you learn about the Kumeyaay. During this month’s Family Fun Day you’ll discover the Kumeyaay who relied upon the lagoon’s resources, through arts and crafts and activity-guided tours.
Family Fun Days are held on the 1st Sunday of the month. Rain or shine. Presented by Conservancy & County rangers.
- When: Sunday, July 3, 2016 from 11:30am – 1:30pm
- Where: San Elijo Lagoon Ecological Reserve, 2710 Manchester Ave, Cardiff, CA 92007
- Cost: FREE
Bring the entire family to experience President’s Day aboard the “Battleship of Presidents.” There will be presidential impersonators and famous military reenactors, vintage vehicles. food trucks, and more.
At 10:30 am there will be a special ceremony honoring President’s Day and the 73rd birthday of our ship. at 11:00 am we will serve birthday cake and pastries while they last.
Don’t forget to tour the battleship, enjoy the new Interactive Tour and Vicky scavenger hunt.
- When: Monday, February 15, 2015 from 10:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Where: Battleship Iowa, 250 S. Harbor Blvd. San Pedro, CA 90731
- Cost: The event is Free, Parking fees apply
The Richard Nixon Foundation is hosting their annual Presidents Day Celebration on Monday, February 15, 2016 with FREE admission all day!
Get there early and you’ll have the chance to meet Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln at the front entrance of the Nixon Library starting at 10:00 am (okay so of course it’s not really them but they look like them).
A fascinating talk with the three presidents will follow in the magnificent White House East Room at 11:30 AM.
If you are among one of the first 250 visitors, you can enjoy a free slice of cherry pie compliments of Polly’s Pies. Click here for FREE event registration.
- When: Monday, February 15, 2016 from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Where: The Richard Nixon Library & Museum – 18001 Yorba Linda Boulevard Yorba Linda, CA 92886
- Cost: FREE
During this time the museum galleries are currently undergoing a major renovation and are not open to the public. However, visitors will be able to tour Richard Nixon’s original birthplace, the final resting places of President and Mrs. Nixon, the presidential helicopter, the First Lady’s gardens, and the full-scale replica of the White House East Room.
Come mingle with our Founding Fathers during the 23rd Annual Presidents Day Celebration at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum on Presidents Day, Monday, February 15, 2016
This celebration includes fun for the whole family, including crafts, musical entertainment, storytelling, and presidential and first lady lookalikes. Hot dogs, pie, and other all-American food will be available for purchase.
- When: Monday, February 15, 2016 from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Where: Ronald Reagan Presidential Museum, 40 Presidential Dr, Simi Valley, CA 93065
- Cost: Presidents Day activities are FREE and open to the public. Regular Museum admission rates apply to view the Ronald Reagan Presidential Museum and the spectacular Air Force One Pavilion.
It’s almost time for the 3rd annual Great Park Neighborhoods Lunar New Year celebration. This years celebration promises even more fun than last year.
We attended last years celebration and had a fantastic time. The park was beautifully decorated with lanterns, live music was playing, delicious tea and coffee were being served and there was plenty of activities for the kids.
This year there be beautifully adorned cupcakes (almost to beautiful to eat), plenty of arts & crafts for the kids (and your inner child-like spirit), a parade of lanterns, live music, traditional Chinese Lion Head Dance, Pacific Rim beer & wine garden, a night market, and food truck court.
There is something for everyone to enjoy at this celebration.
- When: Saturday, February 13, 2016 from 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Where: Beacon Park, 501 Benchmark, Irvine, CA 92618
- Cost: FREE
Here’s a reminder that it’s the 11th annual Museum FREE-for all Day!!! Over twenty museums – presenting art, cultural heritage, natural history, and science will open their doors and invite visitors to attend their museums free of charge.
Here’s a list of the 2016 Participating Museums
- Autry Museum of the American West
- Annenberg Space for Photography
- Armory Space for Photography
- The Broad
- California African American Museum
- California Science Center – Offer valid for general admission only. Does not apply to specially ticketed exhibitions or IMAX films. Timed reservations are required for space shuttle Endeavour.
- Craft & Folk Art Museum – Offering free admission on Sunday, January 31, 2016 as part of Museums Free-for-All
- Descanso Gardens
- Fowler Museum at UCLA
- The Getty
- The Getty Villa – Timed tickets are required. Visit www.getty.edu.
- Hammer Museum
- Laguna Art Museum
- The La Brea Tar Pits and Museum – Does not include Ice Age Encounters or 3D Theatre
- LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) – Offer valid for general admission only. Does not apply to specially ticketed exhibitions
- Japanese American National Museum
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (MOCA)
- Museum of Latin American Art
- Museum of Tolerance – Closed Saturdays, offering free admission on Sunday, January 31, 2016 as part of Museums Free-for-All
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- Orange County Museum of Art
- The Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits
- The Paley Center for Media
- Pasadena Museum of California Art
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- Skirball Cultural Center – Offering free admission on Sunday, January 31, 2016 as part of Museums Free-for-All. Noah’s Ark timed-entry, one-hour tickets are limited and distributed first-come, first-served
- Torrance Art Museum
- USC Pacific Asia Museum
- William S. Hart Museum
- Zimmer Children’s Museum – Closed Saturdays, offering free admission on Sunday, January 31, 2016 as part of Museums Free-for-All