School is out and the OC Zoo has a Summer Programs for kids preschool age & up. The programs feature crafts and hands-on learning as the staff introduces OC Zoo animals to the children. The children are all given a chance to touch (almost all) the animals while providing the children with animal facts. After the program be sure to catch storytime under the beautiful trees.
This weeks scheduled programs:
Under the Sea Preschool Program – children ages 3-4 will learn all about animals in the ocean including fish, dolphins, sharks, and more! Class includes hands-on learning, fun crafts, and meeting zoo animals up close!
- Ages 3-4 years old only. Parent must accompany child for duration of program
- Fee: $5 per child (includes one adult).
- Date: 6/24/2015
- Time: 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM
Upcycling Animal Craft Fun – Kids ages 5 -8 will make fun crafts out of recyclable materials you have at home! Please bring a large bottle cap and quart-sized plastic jug to class.
- Ages 5-8 years old only. Parent may accompany child for duration of program.
- Fee: $5 per child (includes one adult).
- Date: 6/25/2015
- Time: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Be sure arrive at the zoo gate by 9:45 am to purchase your ticket as the program begins promptly at their scheduled times. Parents must accompany their children for the entire program.
- OC Zoo is located inside Irvine Regional Park, 1 Irvine Park Road, Orange, CA 92869
- Cost: $5.00, per child (includes the program fee and entrance to the zoo for one child and one adult/guardian) and a park entrance fee of $3.00 per vehicle.
Phone registration is required. To register for a class call (714) 973-6846.
The OC Zoo Spring Preschool Program is ready for registration! This program is geared for children ages 3-4 years old, the fee is $5.00 which includes the program and the entrance to the zoo for one child and their adult/guardian.
The program includes crafts and hands-on learning as the staff introduces OC Zoo animals to the children. The children are all given a chance to touch (almost all) the animals while providing the children with animal facts. After the preschool program you can enjoy the zoo and storytime under the beatiful trees.
Arrive at the zoo gate by 10:00 am to purchase your ticket as the program begins promptly at 10:15 am and are an hour in length. Parents must accompany their children for the entire program.
Spring Preschool Program line up:
Bonkers For Bunnies
Dates: Fri, March 13th; Wed, March 18th;
Fri, March 27th; & Thurs, April 2nd
*Please note these Easter-themed classes and it fills up quickly!
Animal Art I
Dates: Wed, March 25th & Thurs, May 7th
Down On The Farm
Dates: Fri, April 10th & Wed, May 20th
Dates: Wed, April 15th & Fri, May 15th
OC Zoo is located inside Irvine Regional Pk, 1 Irvine Park Road, Orange, CA 92869
Park entrance fee of $3.00 does apply.
PHONE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. To register for a class call (714) 973-6846.
*Please call to cancel no later than 1 week prior to class so that we can allow someone from
the waiting list to attend instead.
Underwater Parks Day is Saturday, January 17, 2015. Underwater Parks Day is a celebration of Marine Protected Areas (MPA’s).
Join the Ocean Institute, Aquarium of the Pacific, Cabrillo Marine Aquarium and other partners, to celebrate recreation and conservation along Southern California’s coast.
Come to Ocean Institute to learn about and explore the species, habitats, and resources that make our ocean exceptional.
Guests can learn about up-cycling during craft time, find out more ways to explore the beauty of our oceans with our SCUBA display, understand the importance of MPAs with games and a Citizen Science tour through our new learning center, and discover the wonderful ways the ocean helps heal us.
- When: Saturday, January 17, 2015 from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Where: Ocean Institute – Ocean Education Center – 24200 Dana Point Harbor Dr. Dana Point, CA 92629
- Cost: Admission price is $6.50 for adults (13 yrs+) and $4.50 for children (3 -12 yrs); Children 2 and under are free. Members are free.
Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
To celebrate MPAs and ocean conservation, CMA is participating in the 7th Annual Underwater Parks Day. There will be speakers, presentations, interactive activities and handouts for visitors so they can learn more about MPAs, how MPAs work, and where MPAs are located in Southern California.
- When: Saturday, January 17, 2015 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Where: Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, 3720 Stephen M. White Drive, San Pedro, CA 90731
- Cost: FREE.
Aquarium of the Pacific
Learn more about Southern California’s network of Marine Protected Areas (MPAs). Guests will be able to learn about the commercial and recreational activities permitted. MPA stories will be told using film, lectures, and interactive exhibits. The event will also feature educational booths and activities in the Great Hall.
- When: Saturday, January 17, 2015 from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Where: Aquarium of the Pacific 100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802
- Cost: Children (3-11) $14.95, Adults $28.95, members are free
The Original Farmers Market is decked out in Yuletide finery to welcome the season. Celebrate with music, arts & crafts, variety shows, strolling carolers and lots of holiday fun!
Every day starting tonight through Christmas Eve there’s Holiday fun planned at the Original Farmers Market in LA , some of the activities include:
- Snow globe making
- Pine cone decorating
- Live entertainment
- Chanukah Crafts & Fun (December 21st)
See more information at the Farmers Market Events page.
The Original Farmers Market is located at: 6333 W. Third St., Los Angeles (Fairfax District), CA
While your at the Farmers Market be sure to walk on over to The Grove for some more holiday cheer including photos with Santa, Magical snow and more!
The fun runs thorugh Wednesday, December 24, 2014
- Santa´s Cottage: Enjoy holiday photos with Santa! Click here for Santa hours and pricing. 5% of all Santa´s Cottage photo sales will be donated to Children´s Hospital Los Angeles.
- Magical Snow: Nightly Snow at 7pm and 8pm.
- Holiday Entertainment: Enjoy the merry melodies of holiday brass and other joyous music from Eddie Wakes and Jake Simpson! Plus, performances from the Top Hats every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 6:50pm and 7:50pm!
The Grove is located at: 189 The Grove Drive, Los Angeles (Fairfax District), CA