Tag: costa mesa
SOCO Nights is an outdoor Summer series that will take place on the first Tuesday of every month from 5 – 9 pm at SOCO/OCMix in Costa Mesa. Come celebrate SOCO in the Summer from June 2, 2015 – October 6, 2015 with once a month movies, & beer & wine garden & specials from our award winning restaurants.
Enjoy live music and a movie in the relaxed and comfortable SOCO Courtyard with a free outdoor movie screening by Gear Co-op, and a beer and wine garden for guests, which will be available for purchase by LCA Wine with proceeds benefiting CMHS Foundation.
Tickets are free, but you must RSVP! (Limit 300 people) Don’t forget to BYOC: Bring your own chair, and settle in for a night of fun!
When: Tuesday, June 2, July 7, August 4, Septmeber 1, October 6, 2015 from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Where: SOCO Collection/OC Mix, 3303 Hyland Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92626.
Cost: FREE , but you must RSVP
JUNE 2 – Big Hero 6
JULY 7 – Grand Budapest Hotel or Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (New or Old?)
AUGUST 4 – Jiro Dreams of Sushi or Chef
SEPTEMBER 1 – When Harry Met Sally or Casablanca
OCTOBER 6 – Coraline or Edward Scissorhands
Join in the fun at the first annual BLOOM springtime festival of art, music and food within the walkable SoBECA District stretching from Bristol St. to Randolph to Baker in an artsy geographic triangle.
The event is FREE to the public with multiple live music venues, yoga demonstrations, art installations, culinary specials and retail promotions on Sunday, May 17 from 4pm to 9pm.
- 3 x 30 Yoga Studio: Live acro-yoga demonstration at The LAB.
- The ARTery: Costa Mesa High School Senior Art Students showcase artwork in The ARTery. Selected pieces on display include 2-D art, photography, ceramics, and graphic Design.
- As Issued: Glenn Arthur painting demonstration & Trekell Fine Art Supplies.
- BrandsWalk: In-store carnival –giveaways, raffles, goodie bags & more!
- Buffalo Exchange: Free festival photo booth for all BLOOM event attendees! Spend $75 or more in-store and receive a free bolsa bag!
- Cafecito Organico: $2 8oz servings of pour over coffees and espresso shots.
- Crew Salon: Dreadlock styling by Krista. Complementary clean-ups with men’s groomer Joel & Roland at The LAB Barbershop. Vintage wall art installation from Tower Alternative Records on display with music photographer, Greg Jacobs. Meet & greet with The Renegade Roller Girls!
- Gypsy Den: Spring influenced homemade desserts and salads. Strawberry red sangria & white pineapple sangria available for purchase in the LAB Beer/Wine Garden.
- Heirlooms & Hardware: DIY succulent making in LAB Living Room; Succulent & vessels starting at $10
- Lobby: Sample sale and new summer collection of sunglasses with Wildfox and in-store sale.
- May-Martin Inc.: DIY Temporary tattoos; large designs $2; $1 small designs.
- Seabirds Kitchen: $4 meatball sliders (A portobello-tempeh patty, arugula, caramelized onions, whole wheat bun, served with cilantro chutney).
- FREE henna tattoos provided by Henna by Dixita
- Live painting & art from 4-9pm
- Live music:
- 5:30pm-6:30pm: Miranda Kalagian
- 6:45pm-7:45pm: Roah Summit
- 8:00pm-9:00pm: Arko Polo
- Active Ride Shop: 15% off the entire store from 4-9pm. In-store art exhibit. Live music by “Cosmic Rays”.
- Blackmarket Bakery: Sample sizes of assorted tarts & confections.
- Lollipop Nail Studio: Mini manis, acupuncture & flash tattoos.
- Organic Designs by Aggelige: $2 baby succulents for sale.
- Outer Limits: Thinking about getting new ink? Come see the shop in full swing! Ask questions & get ideas/concepts for tattoos. Selected art & prints for sale in-store.
- Project Juice: DIY juice mixology lesson. Stop by for tastings of mixed drinks & juices. Free recipe cards & raffle for 1-day juice cleanses.
- Retreat Salon: Bubbles + Braids- Grab a glass of champagne & have your hair braided by the pros. Client gifts, demonstrations & more!
- SEED People’s Market: SEED Maker’s Market featuring live demonstrations by local artisans, giveaways & exclusive products from: Vintageous (Breathesafe), Little Distractions & Flower Child Hair. Live music by John Hand.
- The Studio: Grab bags filled with shiny, pretty things! Color The Studio contest for kids! All day jewelry demos!
- Studio La Fleur: $20 DIY flower crown workshop .
- Taco Asylum: $3 BBQ chicken tacos & $4 draught beers.
- This Way: Complementary abstract portraits by Davia.
- Vitaly: Beer and wine based flavors sorbets and gelato.
- Umami Burger: Free Umamified Fries (while supplies last).
- Wine Lab: $6 wine & cheese pairings.
- Live painting from 4-9pm
- Live Music:
- 5:30pm-7:30pm: Gin Mill Grifters
- 7:45pm-9:00pm: Seaside Audio
Randolph Ave Participants:
Event Map : BLOOM: A SoBECA Festival will take place within the SoBECA District. The event will take place at The LAB Anti-Mall, The CAMP and down Randolph Ave. All event locations are in comfortable walking distance within each other.
For more information & to see a complete list of participants please visit our event website: http://
On Discovery Days children and adults take an unguided tour of Centennial Farm. During their visit can see a milking demonstration (9:30 a.m. only), pet a chick and learn about plants and animals from any of our many docents stationed around Centennial Farm.
Centennial Farm is a three-acre working farm at the OC Fair & Event Center created to educate youth about agriculture and its importance to daily life. The Farm is home to fruit and vegetable gardens, livestock, and the Millennium Barn. Children and adults can view pigs, chickens, cattle, goats and more while strolling though gardens of lush vegetation.
The next scheduled Discovery Day is on Thursday, January 15, 2015: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm but you must arrive before 11:00 am.
- Centennial Farm, 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, Orange County, 92626
- Cost: admission and parking are free but a donation to the farm of $1.00 per person is appreciated
- Open to all ages – Reservations Required for groups of 6 children or more.
Tips before visiting:
Picnic tables are available for lunch on a first-come, first-seated basis. Picnic tables may not be claimed prior to our 9 a.m. opening time.
Adult supervision is required at all times. Please make sure that all paper towels end up in the trashcans and that the bathroom is left uncluttered.
Animal Feeding: Due to strict diets, guests are not allowed to feed the Centennial Farm animals. Please do not bring any food, drinks or toys into the animal areas. Please be aware that animals may bite.
Please be aware, Centennial Farm has potential allergens such as farm animals, dust, bees, peanuts, tree nuts etc.
Please do not pick or eat any plants, as they are grown for educational purposes.
Before and after visiting Centennial Farm, please make sure everyone washes their hands thoroughly using soap and water (especially before eating).
Due to the outdoor nature of our program, it is recommend children wear comfortable attire.
You’re invited to celebrate the holiday season at SOCO and The OC Mix
Friday, December 19th from 1-5pm
Bring your family and friends and enjoy live piano playing’s by Trevor Wesley, and of course-visits with Santa Ron and pictures at our Photo Booth, ending with a real snow fall provided by 24 Carrots! Between all the activities and shopping for gifts, enjoy wines from around the world at LCA’s wine garden, sweet treats from SusieCakes and ST Patisserie, and complimentary gift-wrapping – donations are encouraged and will benefit Project Hope Alliance – an OC based charity ending homelessness for children in our community, & don’t forget to bring in toys for our Toys For Tots donation boxes. What’s more? Granola Babies will have their annual letters to Santa station up and running, it’s a must visit for the kids. #SOCOCollection
SOCO Holiday will be all weekend at SOCO and The OC Mix!
Saturday and Sunday, December 20th and 21st from 11-3pm
There will be even more visits with Santa, Eva Lempert Photo Booth and live music. This event is free and open to the public.
- Friday, December 19th 1:00-5:00pm
- Saturday, December 20th 11:00-3:00pm
- Sunday, December 21st 11:00-3:00pm
Also, Eva’s Trunk will be hosting a Toys for Tots drive all of December. Share the merry!
SOCO/OC Mix is located at 3313 Hyland Ave, Costa Mesa, California