If your looking for a family volunteer opportunity, Tanaka Farms has an option for you. Tanaka Farms and OCO ‘s Helping Farms Feeding Families Program hosts gleaning events.
Gleaning is the process of picking or gathering of vegetables in the field when there is an abundance of a crop. The vegetables picked by volunteer gleaners will go to families in need connected with the food pantries at South County Outreach and Families Forward in Irvine.
- Limited to 20 volunteers per gleaning date.
- Every child 16 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Gleaning will last about 2 hours.
- Must wear closed toed shoes. Be prepared to get dirty and muddy!
- Everyone must pre-register.
- Click on the preferred date below