It’s “One Big Party” for the 2015 OC Fair, July 17-August 16, as it celebrates its 125th anniversary with 23 days of food, rides, shopping, exhibits and animals. Enjoy world-renowned performers in the Pacific Amphitheatre and exciting events in The Hangar and Action Sports Arena.
One of things I love about the fair is the opportunity for learning. Centennial Farm & Agricultural Exhibits offer some fantastic options. The Centennial Farm at the OC Fair & Event Center is a year-round demonstration farm dedicated to agricultural education and highlights California’s rich agricultural heritage. During the OC Fair, Fairgoers can peruse four acres of raised crop beds and livestock pens (cattle, goats, sheep, chicks, rabbits and pigs) and see the diversity of California agriculture.
Fairgoers can also expect a litter or more of piglets to join the Farm family during the Fair. The Farm is host to various exhibits and demonstrations through the run of Fair. Here’s a brief list of activities, visit the Daily Schedules page or download the OC Fair mobile app for specific dates and times:
- Agriculture in the Community: Learn more about how to bloom a green thumb from gardening experts and enthusiasts or get your hands a little dirty in the vermiculture display to see how red worms contribute to a healthy garden.
- UCCE Master Gardeners: Gardening and agricultural experts are on-hand to answer questions about their industries daily in the Farm & Garden Pavilion.
- Milking Demonstrations: Daily Fairgoers can watch milking demonstrations in the Millennium Barn or check out the interactive milking exhibit where they can try their hand at milking Maxine, the Farm’s stand-in cow replica.
- Leather-crafting: Learn to make your own leathercraft from experts in the Millennium Barn daily.
- Heifer International: Learn more about what this international organization is doing to help end world hunger by empowering people around the world. Located in the Millennium Barn daily.
- Orange County Rare Fruit Growers Association: Check out unusual and exotic fruits and learn more about growing fruit trees. Located southeast of Gallery 15.
- OC Beekeepers: Learn from experts what the buzz is all about bees and beekeeping plus check out their observation hive with a colony of live bees. Located southeast of Gallery 15.
- Mesa Water & Water-Wise Garden: See how you can grow a beautiful garden that’s water-wise and California-friendly in Mesa Water’s Demonstration Garden located east of Gallery 15. Stop by Wednesday afternoons to learn from Mesa Water representatives on how to grow your own low-water garden at home.
- More Exhibitors: The Farm welcomes more exhibitors from these agriculture and gardening groups. Check the Daily Schedules page for their exhibit dates and locations.
In addition kids (and their parents) can enjoy Explorium: Destination Kids: Fairgoers of all ages can enjoy free exhibits, hands-on activities and free entertainment like the Magic of Frank Thurston, Prehistoric Pets and Dino Dig Sandbox. In The Good, The Bad & The Unbelievable exhibit, Fairgoers can see which creepy crawlies fall into the good, bad and unbelievable categories.
Contests just for children are held every other hour and the One Big Party eating contest sponsored by OC Fair food vendors is held nightly at 6:30 p.m. Young Fairgoers can make wooden swords and princess hats in the free craft area, discover new information on outer space and climb aboard a Mars Rover in the new The Space Place exhibit or play with puppets and blocks inspired by the medieval era in The Castle Corner.
As much as I enjoy the fair I am ALWAYS looking for a good deal. So here are some ways to not only get a discounted admission to the fair but more importantly how you can help contribute to your community and get into the fair for FREE by taking part in We Care Wednesdays.
Here are current promotions being offered:
Discounts are honored during the specified timeframe. Please arrive early to enjoy all promotions. We Care Wednesday donations are accepted at public entrances (Blue Gate, Yellow Gate or Green Gate) during promotion hours. Donations are not be accepted at Gate 5 off Arlington Drive.
FREE admission & parking for everyone
Friday, July 17, Noon-1 pm
Click here to download the book report form.Completed book report forms can be redeemed for ride tickets at the Centennial Farm Information Booth during Fair hours. Tickets are valid July 17-August 16, 2015 only. Official OC Fair Read & Ride Form must be used in order to participate in program.
Enjoy 23 days of Fair fun, food and more with a 2015 OC Fair Super Pass.
|JAN. 15 – FEB. 28||MAR. 1 – MAY 31||JUNE 1 – AUG. 14|
We Care Wednesdays
FREE admission and one (1) free carnival ride per person each Wednesday with appropriate donation (donation changes weekly.)Acceptance of donated items is at the discretion of the OC Fair. Promotion is limited to one free admission and one free carnival ride per person. Guest must be present with donation to receive free ticket.
|July 22nd||Food Drive – Noon-3 pm
FREE admission with donation of 5 cans of food
|July 29th||Children’s Book Drive – Noon-3 pm
FREE admission with donation of 3 new or gently used children’s books
|August 5th||Clothing Drive – Noon-3 pm
FREE admission with donation of 5 new or gently used clothing items
|August 12th||School Supply Drive – Noon-3 pm
FREE admission with donation of NEW school supplies valued at $5 or more.Accepted items: pens, pencils, crayons, notebooks, notebook paper and school backpacks. Receipt Required.
$30 Unlimited Carnival Ride Wristband: Enjoy all the rides you can handle for one price plus 2 free games. (Sold until 5 pm. Valid until 8 pm. Required Fair admission sold separately.)
Children 12 & Under FREE Fair admission All day.
Enjoy $2 samples of select Fair treats. Click here for the $2 Taste of Fair Food List.
Valid Noon-4 pm
Rides and games are only $2 each in the Main Carnival and Kiddie Carnival.
Valid Noon-4 pm
Saturdays & Sundays
Free parking and shuttle service is available on Saturdays and Sundays from the Experian parking structure located off the Bristol Street exit of the 405 Freeway. Follow the signs to “Experian.” The shuttle operates from 10 am-1 am Saturday & Sunday only.