Sorry for the late post but…..The Marconi Automotive Museum Open House is today!
The Marconi Automotive Museum & Foundation for Kids opened in 1994 by founder, Dick Marconi. This impressive collection features automobiles from around the world including some very rare Ferrari’s.Among the points of interest are the sapphire blue FX Ferrari, designed by Frank Williams of Formula 1 fame, Kenny Bernstein’s “Louie the lizard” Top Fuel Dragster, a Jaguar XJ220, the 53rd car Enzo Ferrari built, and many, many more.
This 30 million dollar car collection promises to delight your senses as you walk among many fantastic and rarely seen cars. Come see American muscle cars alongside a Foxfire firetruck, one of the oldest around.
Festivities are going on now till – 2pm and admission is free!
Marconi Museum: 1302 Industrial Drive Tustin, Ca 92780
The Los Angeles-based Goodyear blimp “Spirit of America” is retiring. Goodyear invites the community to get a final up-close look at the blimp during a community retirement celebration.
The base will be open to the public for ground tours on Friday, August 7 and Saturday, August 8, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.. They will also be giving away three blimp rides each day!
“Spirit of America” will be formally decommissioned in mid-August. The blimp will be replaced in the Los Angeles market by its sister ship “Spirit of Innovation” in late September 2015. The transition is taking place as Goodyear celebrates 90 years of lighter-than-air publicity and introduces a new fleet of high-tech, next generation NT Zeppelin model airships.
- When: Friday, August 7, Saturday, August 8, 2105 from 11:00 am – 6 pm
- Where: Goodyear Airship Operations Base is located at: 19200 S Main St
Gardena, CA 90248
- Cost: The event is FREE and open to the public.
Follow the Goodyear Blimp on social media:
Twitter @GoodyearBlimp www.twitter.com/goodyearblimp
Instagram @Goodyear_Blimp www.instagram.com/goodyear_blimp
It’s time for Movie Night at Mason Regional Park’s amphitheatre on Friday, July 24, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.
Bring your picnic, chairs and a blanket and get ready to watch Big Hero 6 under the night skies.
Parking at mason Regional Park will be free after 5:30 p.m. and the movie will begin around sunset (approximately 8:00 p.m.). Come early for a drawing. Remember, this is an outdoor event, please dress accordingly.
Mason Regional Park is located at 18712 University Dr, Irvine, CA 92612
Visit http://www.ocparks.com/ for more information.
Rain will cancel event.
It’s “One Big Party” for the 2015 OC Fair, July 17-August 16, as it celebrates its 125th anniversary with 23 days of food, rides, shopping, exhibits and animals. Enjoy world-renowned performers in the Pacific Amphitheatre and exciting events in The Hangar and Action Sports Arena.
One of things I love about the fair is the opportunity for learning. Centennial Farm & Agricultural Exhibits offer some fantastic options. The Centennial Farm at the OC Fair & Event Center is a year-round demonstration farm dedicated to agricultural education and highlights California’s rich agricultural heritage. During the OC Fair, Fairgoers can peruse four acres of raised crop beds and livestock pens (cattle, goats, sheep, chicks, rabbits and pigs) and see the diversity of California agriculture.
Fairgoers can also expect a litter or more of piglets to join the Farm family during the Fair. The Farm is host to various exhibits and demonstrations through the run of Fair. Here’s a brief list of activities, visit the Daily Schedules page or download the OC Fair mobile app for specific dates and times:
- Agriculture in the Community: Learn more about how to bloom a green thumb from gardening experts and enthusiasts or get your hands a little dirty in the vermiculture display to see how red worms contribute to a healthy garden.
- UCCE Master Gardeners: Gardening and agricultural experts are on-hand to answer questions about their industries daily in the Farm & Garden Pavilion.
- Milking Demonstrations: Daily Fairgoers can watch milking demonstrations in the Millennium Barn or check out the interactive milking exhibit where they can try their hand at milking Maxine, the Farm’s stand-in cow replica.
- Leather-crafting: Learn to make your own leathercraft from experts in the Millennium Barn daily.
- Heifer International: Learn more about what this international organization is doing to help end world hunger by empowering people around the world. Located in the Millennium Barn daily.
- Orange County Rare Fruit Growers Association: Check out unusual and exotic fruits and learn more about growing fruit trees. Located southeast of Gallery 15.
- OC Beekeepers: Learn from experts what the buzz is all about bees and beekeeping plus check out their observation hive with a colony of live bees. Located southeast of Gallery 15.
- Mesa Water & Water-Wise Garden: See how you can grow a beautiful garden that’s water-wise and California-friendly in Mesa Water’s Demonstration Garden located east of Gallery 15. Stop by Wednesday afternoons to learn from Mesa Water representatives on how to grow your own low-water garden at home.
- More Exhibitors: The Farm welcomes more exhibitors from these agriculture and gardening groups. Check the Daily Schedules page for their exhibit dates and locations.
In addition kids (and their parents) can enjoy Explorium: Destination Kids: Fairgoers of all ages can enjoy free exhibits, hands-on activities and free entertainment like the Magic of Frank Thurston, Prehistoric Pets and Dino Dig Sandbox. In The Good, The Bad & The Unbelievable exhibit, Fairgoers can see which creepy crawlies fall into the good, bad and unbelievable categories.
Contests just for children are held every other hour and the One Big Party eating contest sponsored by OC Fair food vendors is held nightly at 6:30 p.m. Young Fairgoers can make wooden swords and princess hats in the free craft area, discover new information on outer space and climb aboard a Mars Rover in the new The Space Place exhibit or play with puppets and blocks inspired by the medieval era in The Castle Corner.
As much as I enjoy the fair I am ALWAYS looking for a good deal. So here are some ways to not only get a discounted admission to the fair but more importantly how you can help contribute to your community and get into the fair for FREE by taking part in We Care Wednesdays.
Here are current promotions being offered:
Discounts are honored during the specified timeframe. Please arrive early to enjoy all promotions. We Care Wednesday donations are accepted at public entrances (Blue Gate, Yellow Gate or Green Gate) during promotion hours. Donations are not be accepted at Gate 5 off Arlington Drive.
Free Opening Hour
FREE admission & parking for everyone
Friday, July 17, Noon-1 pm
Active Military & Veterans: Free admission for active-duty military and veterans with appropriate military ID (DD214, etc.) Not valid for spouses or dependents
Read & Ride:
Bookworms ages 5-11 can read 2 books to earn 3 free carnival rides.
to download the book report form.Completed book report forms can be redeemed for ride tickets at the Centennial Farm Information Booth during Fair hours
. Tickets are valid July 17-August 16, 2015 only. Official OC Fair Read & Ride Form must be used in order to participate in program.
Enjoy 23 days of Fair fun, food and more with a 2015 OC Fair Super Pass.
Children 12 & Under FREE Fair admission All day.
$30 Unlimited Carnival Ride WristbandEnjoy all the rides you like for one price plus 2 free games. (Sold until 5 pm. Valid until 8 pm. Required Fair admission sold separately.)
Seniors Day (60+)$2 discount on Senior admission plus FREE Ferris wheel and merry-go-round rides all day
$2 Taste of Fair Food
Enjoy $2 samples of select Fair treats. Click here
for the $2 Taste of Fair Food List.
Valid Noon-4 pm
$2 Rides and $2 Games
Rides and games are only $2 each in the Main Carnival and Kiddie Carnival.
Valid Noon-4 pm
Rise & Shine
Early admission pricing every weekend of the Fair. $3 general admission for everyone from 10 am – 11 am. Discounted tickets are sold until 11 am and must be use by Noon on the day of purchase
FREE Off-Site Parking (Weekends Only)
Free parking and shuttle service is available on Saturdays and Sundays from the Experian parking structure located off the Bristol Street exit of the 405 Freeway. Follow the signs to “Experian.” The shuttle operates from 10 am-1 am Saturday & Sunday only.
The Fair is open Wednesday-Sunday. Concert tickets, action sports reserved seats, single-day general admission and the popular Super Pass are available for purchase online at ocfair.com or from the on-site Box Office. Free parking and shuttle service are available on Saturdays and Sundays from the Experian parking structure located off the Bristol St. exit of the 405 freeway. Also, download the free OC Fair iPhone and Android apps available this summer.
The OC Fair & Event Center is located off the 405 and 55 freeways at 88 Fair Drive in Costa Mesa. For more information, please visit ocfair.com, become a fan at Facebook.com/OCFair, follow us at twitter.com/ocfair or call (714) 708-1500.