Come see Santiago Oaks Regional Park in the dark! Santiago Oaks has some beautiful trails but here’s the change to have the Park rangers lead you in a moonless night hike where you can listen for the sounds of the night and discover who visits the park after the sun has set.
Activities will include a visit to the Nature Center, a short video presentation and a hike through the wilderness area.
- When: Friday, December 12, 2015 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- Where: Santiago Oaks regional Park,2145 N. Windes Dr, Orange, CA 92869
- Cost: FREE (parking fees may apply) Registration is required, please register online.
This hike is best suited for children 12+, please keep in mind – this is an outdoor event, dress warmly, wear good walking shoes and bring a flashlight. Sorry, no dogs allowed on the hike.
The next night hike will take place at Peters Canyon Regional Park on Friday, January 8, 2016.
Come and explore Ralph B. Clark’s Park’s FREE Family Fossil Day for hands on fun the whole family can enjoy while learning about Clark Park’s rich fossil history.
A certified paleontologist will be on hand to guide the group throughout the three hour program that begins promptly at 9:30 am. The tour starts at the interpretive center followed a hike to the marine fossil site (Must be 6 years and older for hike)
The free family friendly event will be held at The Los Coyotes Interpretive Center, located inside Ralph B. Clark Regional Park, no reservations are required.
- When: Saturday, December 5, 2105 from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Where: Ralph B. Clark Regional Park, 8800 Rosecrans Blvd., Buena Park, CA 90621
- Cost: The Event is FREE, parking is $5.00 per vehicle
For more information and directions call (714) 973-3170.
(credit: Jorge Guerrero/AFP/Getty Images)
Come for a grand tour of the universe! Join our amateur astronomers for a guided tour of the young crescent moon and other constellations.
Learn myths and facts about the cosmos. Observe wonders of the night sky including galaxies, star clusters, and double stars.
- When: Saturday, November 14, 2015 from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Where: Ronald W. Caspers Wilderness Park, 33401 Ortega Hwy., San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
- Cost: Event is Free, parking $5.00 per vehicle
Note: held only on evenings with clear skies (good weather). Call the Park at (949) 923-2210 for weather/sky updates or additional information.