Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I’m telling lies.
It’s in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I’m a woman
I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
It’s the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I’m a woman
Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can’t touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them,
They say they still can’t see.
It’s in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I’m a woman
Now you understand
Just why my head’s not bowed.
I don’t shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing,
It ought to make you proud.
It’s in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need for my care.
’Cause I’m a woman
Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders
These twists and turns of fate
Time falls away
But these small hours
These small hours still remain
Every change in your life comes from something that is uncomfortable but that is where and when the growth takes place.
This past year has been huge for me. So many changes have taken place. Today, I realize that it was just another beginning of something much bigger. At times I feel like a cat…so many lives in this lifetime, I’m blessed to have this opportunity for change and growth.
Join me at my beloved Yoga Squared in Old Town Tustin as these small hours still remain.
My final class here will be filled with soulful, courageous and humble poses set to a very special playlist.
- Saturday, February 24th at 7:00am for my final Soulful Vinyasa Class
FYI – I’ll try not to be emotional but there are no guarantees! The owner, fellow teachers and community at this studio are beyond special. Truly, it’s been an absolute honor.
The time is drawing near. My family and I are moving and this means I only have a few classes left to teach at my yoga home, Yoga Squared in Old Town Tustin. This place has come to mean so much to me, it’s going to be hard to let this go.
I have made life changes at this place, made friends and found people who I consider to be part of my support system. Please join me for one of my final classes. I’ll miss everything about this place and the people who make it what it is.
Thursday, February 15th at 5:00 for a Soulful Vinyasa
Friday, February 16th at 5:0pm for YinYasa Class
Saturday, February 17 at 7:00am for a Soulful Vinyasa Class
Saturday, February 24th at 7:00am for my final Soulful Vinyasa Class
Be prepared for laughter, tears and joy in these last classes.
Remember, If your new to Yoga Squared or it’s been 6 months or more since you’ve visited us, rejoin with a second chance intro offer! Get 3 weeks for $30 and fall in love with your practice again! Call/text Casey at 714.625.7230 to get set up!
You don’t have to be a Yoga Junkie to join me this week for one or all of these Vinyasa Flow classes at Yoga Squared in Old Town Tustin…but after a few a class you just might turn into one!
Wednesday, January 24th at 8:00pm for a beautiful Candlight Vinyasa
Thursday, January 25th at 5:00pm for my Soulful Vinyasa class
Saturday, January 27th at 7:00am for my Soulful Vinyasa class
Did you know that If your new to Yoga Squared or it’s been 6 months or more since you’ve visited us, rejoin with a second chance intro offer! Get 3 weeks for $30 and fall in love with your practice again! Call/text Casey at 714.625.7230 to get set up!
This Sunday, January 28th, 2018, dozens of museums located in through out the Los Angeles area, Orange County, Pasadena, Riverside and Santa Barbara will open their doors for FREE!
Plan your day and be ready to experience art, cultural heritage, natural history, and science. Museums Free-for-All is partnering with Metro Bus Line to encourage visitors to fully explore participating museums without searching for parking and getting through traffic.
Museum Free for All Day is for general museum admission only and does not apply include any specially ticketed exhibitions. Regular parking fees do apply. Check each individual museum for for hours and directions.
2018 Participating Museums
- Annenberg Space for Photography
- Autry Museum of the American West
- The Broad
- California African American Museum
- California Science Center- General admission only. A timed reservation with a convenience fee is required for Space Shuttle Endeavour.
- Columbia Memorial Space Center
- Craft & Folk Art Museum
- Descanso Garden
- Forest Lawn Museum
- Fowler Museum at UCLA
- Getty Center
- Getty Villa – Free, timed tickets are required. Visit getty.edu.
- GRAMMY Museum
- Hammer Museum
- Institute of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles
- Japanese American National Museum – Free tickets available at janm.org/freeforall.
- Kidspace Children’s Museum
- La Brea Tar Pits and Museum –General admission only; free tickets available at tarpits.org/freeforall.
- LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
- Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (MOCA)
- Museum of Latin American Art (MOLAA)
- Museum of Tolerance
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County – General admission only; free tickets available at nhm.org/freeforall.
- Orange County Museum of Art
- The Paley Center for Media
- Palm Springs Art Museum
- Pasadena Museum of California Art
- Petersen Automotive Museum – Tickets must be reserved in advance at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/museum-free-for-all-day-tickets-41631960314#tickets.
- Pomona College Museum of Art
- Riverside Art Museum
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- Skirball Cultural Center – Noah’s Ark timed-entry, one-hour tickets are limited and distributed first-come, first-served.
- Sunnylands Center & Gardens – Excludes tours of the historic house and grounds.
- University Art Museum, CSU Long Beach – Join us for opening reception of Robert Irwin: Site Determined 4-6 pm, January 28. Closed January 27.
- USC Fisher Museum – Offering free admission on Saturday, January 27, instead of Sunday, January 28.
- USC Pacific Asia Museum
- Zimmer Children’s Museum
The Ninth Annual Monarch Butterfly Day is coming up! OC Parks invites children and families to come and learn all about Monarch Butterflies.
This FREE event allows children to get a good look at Butterflies and their natural habitat. Children can assist in planting plants to attract Monarch Butterflies and go inside a netted butterfly enclosure.
Butterfly experts will be on-site to provide educational information and answer questions about the beautiful and unique specimens.
Additional activities include interpretive programs, children’s crafts, face painting and a balloon artist. Food will be available for purchase.
- When: Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Mile Square Regional Park, 16801 Euclid St., Fountain Valley, CA 92708 (takes place in the Forest Shelter near parking lot C)
- Cost: Event and parking are FREE
“The energy of the mind is the essence of life.” – Aristotle
Join me this week for a Soulful Vinyasa Flow at Yoga Squared in Old Town Tustin
Monday, January 15th at 10:00am
Thursday, January 18th at 5:00pm
Saturday, January 20th at 7:00am
If your new to Yoga Squared or it’s been 6 months or more since you’ve rolled out your mat with us, rejoin with a second chance intro offer! Get 3 weeks for $30 and fall in love with your practice again! Call/text Casey at 714.625.7230 to get set up!
Do have plans for your 3 day weekend? How about a visit one of our National Parks on Monday for FREE!!! There are four days in 2018 that you can visit all National Park Service sites that offer FREE admission to everyone.
Mark your calendar for these entrance fee–free dates in 2018:
- January 15: Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- April 21: First day of National Park Week
- September 22: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
There are more than 400 parks available to everyone, every day. The fee-free days provide a great opportunity to visit a new place or an old favorite, especially one of the national parks that normally charge an entrance fee. The others are free all the time. The entrance fee waiver for fee-free days does not cover amenity or user fees for activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours.The annual $80 America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass allows unlimited entrance to more than 2,000 federal recreation areas, including all national parks that normally charge an entrance fee. There are also free or discounted passes available for senior citizens, current members of the military, families of fourth-grade students, and disabled citizens. Learn more about the variety of passes offered by the America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass series.
In addition to the National Park Services Fee Free Days the following Federal Agencies also offer Fee Free Days:
- Bureau of Land Management: January 15 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day), February 19 (Presidents Day), June 9 (National Get Outdoors Day), September 22 (National Public Lands Day), November 11 (Veterans Day)
- U.S. Forest Service: January 15 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day), February 19 (Presidents Day), June 9 (National Get Outdoors Day), September 22 (National Public Lands Day), November 10-11 (Veterans Day Weekend)
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service: January 15 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day), February 19 (Presidents Day), September 22 (National Public Lands Day), October 14 (First Sunday of National Wildlife Refuge Week), November 11 (Veterans Day)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers: September 22 (National Public Lands Day), November 11 (Veterans Day, you must be a veteran, an active and reserve component service member, or a family member to be granted a fee waiver)
- Bureau of Reclamation: January 15 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day), February 19 (Presidents Day), September 22 (National Public Lands Day), November 11 (Veterans Day)