This Easter Sunday also happens to be Target’s FREE First Sunday. This fantastic program gives you and your family access to art and family festivals for FREE or at a reduced price.
Here in Orange County both Bower’s Museum and Kidseum will be open. For a list of museums near you click here.
Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival
Schedule of Events:
Huang Sculpture Garden
- 11:00 am – 3:30 pm Face painting, Fish Prints and Cherry Blossom Water Color painting art projects
- 11:00 am -3:30 pm Bonsai Display by Kofu Bonsai Kai Club
John M. Lee Court
- 12:00 pm Nihon Buyo: the classical dance of Japan performed by Hanaygi Rokufumi
- 12:30 pm Koto: (13-string zither) Performed by Saeko Kujiraoka
- 1:30 pm Intermission
- 1:45 pm Shamisen: (percussive lute) performed by Mike Penny
- 2:30 pm Taiko: (folk drumming) performed by Taiko Center of Los Angeles
- 3:00 pm Japanese folk dance performed by Hanaygi Rokufumi
Free admission to WHERE ENDS MEET: A Retrospective of Works by Nancy Ravenhall Johnson; TREASURES OF VERA CRUZ and to permanent exhibitions including: Sacred Realms: Temple Murals by Shashi Dhoj Tulachan; Spirits and Headhunters: Art of the Pacific Islands; California Legacies: Missions and Ranchos; Vision of the Shaman, Song of the Priest; California: The Golden Years; Ancient Arts of China.
Bowers Museum is located at 2002 N. Main Street, Santa Ana, CA 92706
Kidseum features High-tech & interactive focus on Art & Archaeology. Kidseum is FREE and open from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Kids will enjoy Face Painting, Cherry Blossom Scrolls and Koi Fish Kites art projects
Join Master Storyteller, Miss Cynthia, for presentations at:
- 10:30 AM The Rhino who Swallowed a Storm Written by LeVar Burton
- 11:30 AM The Coyote and the Colorado River (Native American)
- 1:30 PM Tikki Tikki Tembo (China) Written by Arlene Mosel
- 2:30 PM How the Tortoise Got Her Shell (The Greedy Farmer)
- 3:30 PM The Empty Pot (China)