Click on the picture below for a FREE Kids Ticket to Discovery Science Center
County of Orange Eco Challege Day at Angel Stadium
Saturday, July 26, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
There’s fun for the whole family at the County of Orange Eco Challenge Day! Bring household hazardous waste, e-waste, and gently used clothing. Arrive early and be rewarded. The first 200 cars to bring these items can choose between four free tickets to the July 26, 2014 Angels game or four tickets to Discovery Science Center *while supplies last*
The There’s fun for the whole family at the County of Orange ! Bring household hazardous waste, e-waste, and gently used clothing. Arrive early and be rewarded. The first 200 cars to bring these items can choose between four free tickets to the July 26, 2014 Angels game or four tickets to Discovery Science Center *while supplies last*event is sponsored by OC Waste & Recycling in collaboration with Angels Baseball, Discovery Science Center, and Goodwill of OC. Click here to download a flyer.
Eco Challenge Day festivities include:
- Autographs by Angels pitcher Garrett Richards *player subject to change*–time to be announced
- Eco-craft area for kids, sponsored by Discovery Science Center
- Medieval Times, Peet’s Coffee, and RBI Baseball will also be on hand
What to bring:
- Gently-used clothing
- Household Hazardous Waste (paint, motor oil, flourescent lights, aerosol cans, see below for a full list)
- E-waste (cell phones, computers, televisions, printers, scanners, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is Eco Challenge Day
Eco Challenge Day is an event where the County of Orange partners with Discovery Science Center and Angels Baseball LP to hold a regional collection event. This is the County’s second year hosting Eco Challenge Day at Angel Stadium. The goal is to encourage Orange County residents to take the Eco Challenge by properly disposing e-waste or household hazardous waste (HHW) and dropping off reusable clothing. The first 200 cars receive their choice of either 4 free tickets (75 sets) to that night’s Angel Game or 4 free tickets (125 sets) to Discovery Science Center (first come first served). Please enter from the Orangewood gate and proceed to the Big A for collection drop off.
2. What does it mean to “Take the Eco Challenge”?
Taking the Eco Challenge means that you will do your best to reduce, reuse, and recycle in order to make Orange County a safe and healthy community for current and future generations.
3. What time does the event begin?
The event runs from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. We encourage participants to arrive early!
4. Do I have to bring e-waste, HHW, or gently-used clothing to meet Garrett Richards?
It is highly preferred and recommended that you bring e-waste, HHW, or gently-used clothing in order to meet Garrett Richards. Participants who bring these items will receive a priority access wristband to see Garrett Richards. If you do not bring items, there will be a secondary line, but everyone with a priority Eco Challenge wristband will have priority to see Garrett Richards before those without a wristband.
5. What sort of activities will be there during Eco Challenge Day?
In addition to the collection event, under the big red hats, there will be eco-crafts provided by Discovery Science Center, RBI Pitching game, Medieval Times knights, food and beverage booths,and promotional giveaways. We will be raffling an autographed Angels baseball. You will also have a chance to win a bicycle sponsored by Republic Services and City of Anaheim Public Works.
6. How long will Garrett Richards be there?
Garrett will be there signing autographs from 9:00am-10:30am.
7. Which Angels game are the four free tickets for?
The four free tickets will be for that night’s game on July 26th, 2014.
8. When are future Eco Challenge Days?
The County is hosting two additional Eco Challenge Days this year. On August 23rd we will be at Discovery Science Center and at Angel Stadium on September 13th.